The Linden Centre
The Linden Centre stands as one of the most alluring and pristine examples of vernacular architecture in China. Although the estate has served as a military barracks, hospital, and kindergarten since its erection in 1947, the structures still retain traditional stone and original wood features.
Renovations took approximately one year to complete, but finally our new home was restored to the full elegance of its traditional Chinese style and renovated to modern Western standards. Four courtyards, lush water ponds, blooming flowers and greenery abound, with indigenous centuries-old art and statues accenting the complex. We are proud of the shape our original site has taken, and see it as a standard model for what you can expect from different sites in the future.
Our first courtyard is open to the public from 1pm – 5pm and we encourage visitors to interact with our staff, take pictures, and learn about what the Linden Centre has to offer. Our facilities include the largest collection of English language books in Xizhou, a children’s room for our little guests to play in, a full size work out facility, a game room with ping pong and a pool table, and a fully stocked bar with foreign liquors and a sizeable wine selection.
- Our unique standard rooms, each distinct in design.
- 14 in total, all have been tastefully decorated with locally handmade furniture from Dali.
- Each room comes with a private, stone finished bathroom.
- Choice between rooms with one large king bed or two twins. ‘Western’ soft mattresses.
- 4 rooms with traditional Kang style beds available upon request for a cosier stay.
- The Centre’s most spacious bedroom.
- Engravings on suite’s walls are from abroad, depicting China from outsiders’ perspectives.
- Quiet, secluded room in the corner of our third courtyard.
- Two rooms with large bathroom. Entry room with twin bed and private bedroom with king.
- Private balcony to read or relax overlooking small tea room courtyard below.
- Views of both Xizhou’s rice fields and our inner second courtyard. Plenty of natural light.